Question: During what time of the year does the risk of being murdered via a number two pencil through the face increase, ADHD breaks out like the Black Plague, Facebook use goes down but Stumbleupon use goes up and the overall mood can best be described as "the weeping and gnashing of teeth.?" That's right folks, finals week is once again upon us. Last semester, finals week was followed by the promise of finding out who became a partier after high school, spending money on cups of coffee to catch up with friends over, and re-adjusting to living in a family. We knew school would be back, however, looming like the inevitable storm of late nights, sharing your roommates clothes, cramming for tests and ignoring that fiendish device known as the alarm clock. Yes, I will be back at school in 4 months, but having to pack and move back home kind of puts a dampener on the whole "really really important tests" thing. Don't get me wrong, I totally love my job, and 120 days to play piano and guide some tours is something I'm looking forward to, it just serves as very little motivation to memorize a semesters worth of material for 5 finals.
I think the problem is simply the lack of thought that goes through our minds this week. Instead of "Oh look. An obstacle. I say, this will be a jolly good time! I shall conquer this test and then reward myself with a movie and maybe some delicious treats." (For some reason, the reasonable voice in my head is British) we more like "OHGOSHTHERE'SATESTANDI'MGONNAFAILANDTHENIWON'THAVEAFUTUREANDTHENI'LLBEHOMELESSALLBECAUSEOFFOUNDATIONSOFTEACHINGMYFRESHMANYEAROFCOLLEGE!!!!" (Props to anyone who can read that). Granted, I'm not one to talk. Apparently, laying on the ground and begging Jesus to come before your first test is not a socially acceptable method of dealing with one's problems.
Ok, well I ran out of productive things to say, and I have a bunch of stuff to memorize.
No comments:
Post a Comment