Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time...

I hate cold weather.  Snow kind of annoys me.  I dislike wearing bulky coats and sweaters.  Christmas is my favorite. Ever.   I know this sounds incredibly contradictory. It is, don't worry.  I'm not sure what it is, but there is something about Christmas that makes me deliriously happy.  I was walking into town the other week, and when I turned the corner, I saw that there were Christmas lights in the street.  My reaction can only be described accurately using a visualization.   You know those Clearinghouse sweepstakes where the guy comes to your house with balloons and a check for a million dollars, and how the lucky winner jumps and screams like some sort of orangutan on drugs? Imagine that. Plus more happiness. And repeated screaming of the word "CHRISTMAS!" yeah. Pretty much what happened.  I just really really REALLY love Christmas.



This is the fantastic time of year where the Christmas lights start to show up.  There is a long standing tradition in my family where we will drive around and "ooh" and "ahhh" at the lights. (literally, in unison)  I love the crazy decorations, especially the reindeer.  A part of me wants to go up and knock on the door, and just yetll  "I know they're not real!" and run away.  I just love everything about the season.  For instance, today is the first real snow.  It's also the first of December.  Today will be amazing. 





Yes, this is a short post.  I'm far to excited about the snow to sit still for more than 10 minutes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment